1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

beginng bass competition music

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by Stanford, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Stanford

Stanford

Jan 8, 2007
    Hi,
    I am a beginning bassist (5th grade), been playing for 2 years and am playing in my first solo/ensemble competition in March. I am thinking of the "Sailor's Hornpipe" for my solo, and am looking for suggestions for a duet piece
    Thanks,
    Stanford

2. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
  3. Stanford

Stanford

Jan 8, 2007
    Thanks for your help!

4. Stanford,
    Have you played the Jolly Dutchman? It's a great piece; all my children have won auditions with it (District; Greater Boston Youth Symphony) and as a 5th grader with two years, it would be a snap for you. It's up and down the Eb scale. Good luck to you!

And if you try the Marcello sonatas, you might like the Em sonata the best- it's my favorite and my kids', too.

5. +1 I just played that piece for an audition for college, it's not too hard at all, I just wanted a piece I could really play out and play well as apposed to picking something I might miss a few notes and play it slopish.