1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Behringer 1800x subwoofers - any good?

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by amimbari, Apr 1, 2013.

1. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    A store where I am has 4 of these things for a pretty good price if I buy at least a pair of them. 190 bucks each used, so I was wondering if anyone here ever used them?

good-bad reviews would be most appreciated.

2. Hi.

Warranty?

Over here they're about 300€ new with 3 year warranty.

2 for $300, 4 for $500 (ab)used without warranty?

A lot of weight for not much SPL though, but in their price range they're IMLE decent.
    We used some older 18" Behringers back in the day and those got the job done.
    Weren't a match for my EV TL505's though.

Regards
    Sam

3. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    roger that Sam, I thought about it, and asked the store to hook them up, brought some hip-hop using my mp3 player into their PA amp setup, and I wasnt impressed even though they were cheap.

So I ended up buying 2 18" SA cabs for 225each with a warranty, a little lighter, no cabinet buzz and louder ( to my ears ) using their same PA gear side-by-side.

4. brenner182

brenner182

Apr 24, 2010
    Maryland
    I bought a set used for 200 bucks. I think they are ok. They ger the job down. I power them with a crown xls1500 drivecore

5. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    if I would not have come upon the SA cabs for only a few dollars more, I would have bought the Behringers.