Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer ACOUSTIC ADI21

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Micolao, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Anyone tried this on bass?
    I'm wondering what the result would be...:meh:

[​IMG]

2. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Works great. Good sound, and has sweepable mid control. More useful to me than the Bass DI because of the mid control.

3. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I wish the bass DI had a mid control.

As a matter of fact, I wish they'd put more of their pedals together into one package. Like, the bass DI + 7 band eq + tuner. For, say, $60. :)

4. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    That would be great. You should pitch that idea to Behringer and make millions.:bassist:

5. agggh i wish the bass DI had a mid control instead of that useless drive knob.

6. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I want the mid control too, but do you really find the drive on it useless? I get a big benefit out of it at our gigs, but I guess it depends on what tone you seek and what kind of music you are playing.

7. Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii

Buy an ADI21. $30 and you can have a DI with mid control. A great deal.

8. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Yeah, but what does it do to the rest of the tone.
    Does it really yield good bass tone?

9. Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Yes, it sounds great. I use it to warm up and fatten up my basses, and have used it for electric upright too, where it really shines.

10. Tedintheshed

Tedintheshed Banned

Oct 8, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Of course the tone sucks without a mid conrtol.

This is exactly why the SansAmp is one of the most used pedals over the last 10 years by both pro and semi-pro musicians alike.

11. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Any chance of you posting some soundclips? :) :bag:

12. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I recently bought the ADI21 and i have owned the sansamp para driver and the bass driver. obviously the quality of the construction of sansamp is better, but i actually like the adi21 blend better. To my ears it sounds smoother, and less artificial than the sans amp blend to me.

i tried hooking up a 7 band eq in front of the sabddi and i got a lot of hiss and noise as a result.

13. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Btter yet, pitch it to Boss, make billions and wait for Behringer to copy it and make a cheap alternative!

14. Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii

No problem. This is a Lakland Skyline JO4, tone on 0, TI Superalloy strings, through the ADI21 into my Mac.

15. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Thanks so much.

Would I be pushing my luck if I asked for a similar soundclip direct so that we can compare?

:) :bag:

16. Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    If you insist....:)

same bass, same settings.

17. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Thanks so much.

That's an impressive comparison now.

18. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    How did you have the DI set? Thanks.

19. Showdown

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Treble 25%, mid 50% (which I believe is flat), mid freq 0, bass 75%, blend 0.

20. maybe your right. but it could just be my amp too, i run it through a fender frontman 15 watt (beginner pack amp) and i have to put it through the input, i can hardly get it to work with it plugged into the bass. the only knobs that make a difference are the blend and level, but that could just be cause of my amp. when i get my ashdown electric blue i'd want to see how that changes.

well, i just got my BD121 not even a week ago, and if i wanted to order the AD121 my mom would be like double you tee eff is the point didnt you just get one. so nah, maybe i'll get one later, but i dont see the point in buying another behringer DI with a knob the BD dosnt have if i already have my BD