Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer BA115 Broken

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Slipsen, May 2, 2005.

1. Slipsen

Slipsen

Jan 11, 2005
    Sweden
    Hello, i just wonder if anyone here can say anything about my problem, if the speaker is broken or ***..
    today when i rehearsed with my band my BA115 started to fuzz and sound overdriven without OD..i guessed that the speaker has exploaded or something, but im not that really good on this, but ivve cheaked the cone and its no holes or damage to it..i use overdrive when i play and the volum gets high often, but not to high, anyone know what has broken in it?

2. maybe its the amp thats gone?

not sure tho

3. Slipsen

Slipsen

Jan 11, 2005
    Sweden
    it cant be, becuse i have a 410 to, and with that it sounds just normal..loud n clear!

4. sorry, you never said that part :p , is there a tweeter in the 115 cab?

5. Slipsen

Slipsen

Jan 11, 2005
    Sweden
    oh sorry =) well yes there is, but i have it off becuse it screams awfull with overdrive..

6. hmm, well im afraid thats me out of ideas other than a bust speaker :S

7. Slipsen

Slipsen

Jan 11, 2005
    Sweden
    hmm well im going to call my local store where i buyed it to see what they say..

8. If its still under warranty then your sorted :)

9. Slipsen

Slipsen

Jan 11, 2005
    Sweden
    yes it is, so i hope i will get it fixed for free

10. You might have a faulty speaker cable, check that first.

11. I assume he has as he said it worked fine with a 4x10, just assuming the same cable was used

12. Slipsen

Slipsen

Jan 11, 2005
    Sweden
    well of course i got 2 speakoncables, and i have tested both in the 115 and it sounds the same. i turned it in today and they just said, well, broken speaker or something, we will cheak it out and find the problem. :rolleyes:
    but the worst part is that i have a gig 14/5 and it will take around 2 weeks for them to fix it :crying: but they said i could come in and borrow another one if it wasnt fixed by then :cool: so i will be rockin and blowin the hell out of the audience :bassist: