1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Behringer BX3000T Vu meter? Do they work?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Magneto, Feb 7, 2005.

1. I know there are probably a few owners here, so maybe you can help.
    Do you get any needle movement out of your vu meter? I don't squat out of mine, even plugged into the passive jack with my active bass.
    Playing an ESP-LTD F-204. I realize that I don't have the hottest pickups on this thing, but I've even tried an electric guitar plugged passive, and get no movement even with the gain turned up.

Advice? Do I have a broken vu?

Mag...

2. mwm70

mwm70

Oct 27, 2004
    Baltimore
    Sounds like a bad meter. My active bass in the passive jack with the gain at 11 o'clock gets the needle jumping.

3. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I tried a BMAX-T through the effects return on one at a local music store the other day (nearest thing to a power amp they had handy) and the puppy was bouncing all over the place.

4. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    The VU meter tends to be a bit of a weak link, both with the Behringer as well as the earlier Ashdown heads... Ashdown seems to have improved this component somewhat...

-robert

5. Thanks for the replies. It sounds like I got one of the bad ones. I'll take it back and have it looked at. I have a 16 month in-store warranty on it, so I'm cool..

Thanks again..

Mag...

6. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    A d'Arsonval movement on a road amp?

What were they thinking?

Yeah, looks like it! :D Less shock sensitivity, for sure!

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    That amp (the actual amp part - not the enclosure) looks vaguely familiar...
    Ashdown.

Ray

Edit: wow, I haven't played with it EQ'd like that in forever... ahhh memories.