Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer Cab choice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by grey, Apr 3, 2005.

1. grey

grey

May 13, 2004
    I'm goign to get one then add the other when needed, which would you get first for use on its own?

BB210 or BA115

2. I wouldn't touch either one because it's Behringer, but in this case, a 15 would win hands down because it can support the bottum that you need to lay down, 2 10s are going to give you a lot of highs, but because of the bad quality (combined with the review bass player gave on just the 410) it's most likely going to suit a guitarist better

3. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I have the BA115 and like how it sounds. The aluminum gives you a nice tight sound and I compared it in the store to a BA410 and the guys from bass player were right on. The 410 gives you the volume but lacks in the lows. I had my 5 with me and it just did not sit right. The 15 gives plenty of bottom and if you need any highs just switch on the tweeter which sounds a little more cleaner than my avatar 210 tweeter. You may have to boost your mids a little because with the tweeter on you have your highs and lows but need a little bump for your mids to come through.

4. grey

grey

May 13, 2004
    Hmmmmm...I really don't know whether to go for the paper or aluminium

5. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    NOOOOOO!!! *Drives infront of the bullet before grey takes the bullet for the berhinger scam*

Go with Avatar cabinets. They are loaded with GOOD speakers, and arent too much more. If you buy an Avatar instead of the Berhinger, you'll be thanking me in a months time. Anway, you can check out Avatar at http://www.avatarspeakers.com

But if you insist on being scammed, and still want the berhinger, you should get the paper cone. People make claims that the aluminium is stronger, but thats infact false. Aluminium, will shrink and expand because of the loud vibration from the sound waves, and can eventually warp and crack. But this isnt a problem, since you're getting an avatar, which are all paper cone :)

6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Agreed.

Go Avatar (as long as you're in the US).

Good sounding, hardy build, easy on the back and not bad on the eyes.

Yer also keeping your money with the little guy who's been good to the bass community. Their customer service is great and very 1 on 1.

It may not be a Bag End, but it's in competition with cabs that are 2 or 3 times the price. And they certainly stand behind their product.

7. grey

grey

May 13, 2004
    I would love to go with avatar, but I'm not in the us, so don't have that option - what would you recommend to me?

8. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I believe there is another one similar to avatar. Dr. Bass Cabs or something like that. Search dr. and you should come up with something. If my memory serves thoguh, they are a little hgiher than Avatar (Not a drastic amount higher, but higher nonetheless)

9. grey

grey

May 13, 2004
    can't seem to find them in the UK either. Damn you americans! not only do you get regular stuff cheaper, but you get stuff we dont ever get to try :(

10. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    There are a few threads from UK members looking for cabs/amps around here...If you take a bit of time and search for them, you should be able to see some suggestions. Being in the US, I'm not sure what's available over there right now. I would also check out the UK bass message board...to see if they have any suggestions.

http://www.bassworld.co.uk/

Here's one thread from here for you:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=173256

Oh, and another suggestion...fill out yer profile here so that when you ask for some advice, we can see where you are, what you're playing, what type of band you're in etc. It saves people from making suggestions that won't work. :)