Behringer Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tulkas, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Hey people. Does anyone tried the new behringer pedals?

I really need a Chorus and a Overdrive, and i don't want to spend to much money on this effects now, but do they really worth the money?

Didn't found any review of the bass pedals, only for the guitars...

Feedback apreciatted.

Have a nice weekend. Take care.:hyper:
  2. If their amps are anything to go by, don't bother. The tone is just sterile, cheap, and noisy. Save your money and go for EBS pedals or the Ashdown pedals (when they are finally released!!)
  3. Theonestarchild

Theonestarchild Artfully lost

Aug 23, 2005
    North Carolina
    I got their limiter enhancer, and I am about to buy their noisegate. It's a little noisy, but hopefully the noisegate will fix it. I like the sound.
  4. wRaith

Aug 22, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I've used the chorus, overdrive and limiter/enhancer.

I think the chorus and overdrive are quite good, especially for the price. For me, the limiter/enhancer is very noisy, especially for smaller amp setups where your volume might be a little higher and I didn't like it at all. Try the chorus and overdrive before you buy them if you can, you might be pleasantly surprised. Worth the (small) amount of cash if you ask me.
  5. I have the bass chorus and like the sound. It's a real battery-hog though; you'd better get a 9v adapter.
  6. Yeh but i hazard a guess that the noisegate will create noise itself from poor design so it'll make no real differene. Just my $0.02... let us know how it goes
  7. Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    Yer there awsome effects, i highly rate em. Who cares about construction, once the cases blow up im putting them in metal cases with a big switch. Btw they are huge battery eaters, not even 6 hours
  8. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
  9. okabass

Mar 19, 2005
    I use the bdi21 too. It is very good sounding pedal (=sansamp ). If you put it on the pedalboard, the plastic case doesn't really matter.
    I've seen the inside pictures of both pedals; the Beh. has actually better component layout.
  10. velocraig

Nov 1, 2003
    NE Georgia
  11. Dkerwood

Aug 5, 2005
    Bad designs? Aren't they just reverse engineered Boss pedals? lol...

And as far as Behr amps go, I have found a few that I like. I played with a guitarist who had a Vintager 12, and it sounded great. Not heavy enough for our style of rock, but a silky smooth distortion - great for blues or classic rock.

Bass amps - Their little 10" combo really impressed me. The old bassist at my church used this little bad boy, and it easily filled the room, which seats about 300. We ran a DI into the PA, thinking that the Behr couldn't handle it, but it had no problem, and the bass channel on the PA was usually set to zero.

My bassist is now using one of the Behr heads - the 300W version. The sound seems really tight to me. Lots of punch, and a lot of variable options for tone.

You know, every company makes some models that can't hang on stage or in studio. Peavey, Hartke, SWR, Fender, Vox, Eden, Ampeg... they all make cruddy amps. Behr is no exception.
  12. I am completely disgusted with Behringer's quality when it comes to effects. Their Bass V-AMP is a total piece of ****... wishy-washy effects and noisey as hell!

I'd stay away.
  13. gravaged

Dec 9, 2005
    I thought about trying the BDDI, but I just couldnt get over the high chance of failure.. bought the sansamp stomp for $100:cool:
  14. Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    I have 7 of the effects pedals and all 3 of the DI's...very pleased with all of them.
  15. SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I have been using and beating the crap out of the BDDI from the day it came out, and it's still in great shape.

New, we're talkin $190 v.s. $30.