Benavente Pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Lokire, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Has anyone here tried Benevente Pickups in something other than a Benavente bass? I absolutely love the benavente sound and am considering replacing my Duncan Basslines pickups for these, along with the Benavente Pre-amp.

Cheers :bassist:
  2. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Brian at is the guy you want to talk to. He's extremely helpful and will respond lightning quick. His email address is on the site, and it appears as though they're just about to offer the Benavente stuff for aftermarket replacement.

3. Brian's site states that he is now offering Benavente pickups and preamps. You should contact him.
  4. I have been in contact with him about it. Brian's the one who suggested the pickups after I raved about the Benavente sound ;)
  5. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Chris is winding his own pickups now? Does he do it himself or is someone doing it for him?
  6. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I thought that I heard the p-ups were being made by Kent Armstrong, but that may be wrong information, I'm not totally sure. I think that there have been several different p-ups that Chris has used the past few years, but the new ones I hear nothing but positives about.
  7. IMO his new pickups are the real deal.