1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Berg or genzler 4x10 cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MarkLittleBass, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Genzler bass array

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Bergantino hdn

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. MarkLittleBass

MarkLittleBass

Oct 11, 2018
    I'm after a good quality 4x10 cab bit it's difficult getting to places to try them out as the dealers are hundreds of miles away.
    I play in an 80s band and play fingerstyle and also a bit slap and would like something deep and low that's focused and doesn't crap out but also something without zingy harsh high end.
    Genzler bass array and the bergantino hdn seem to be my final choices so wondering what you experienced bass player recommend?

2. MarkLittleBass

MarkLittleBass

Oct 11, 2018
    Any experience with either cab?

3. The Genzler bass arrays are very cool. I play the little brothers but have heard the 410 and it is impressive. The entire family allow for better dispersion than traditional designs. The array gives a very vocal mid range and present but never harsh trebles. The crossover is lower than many designs which allows the woofers to do that job alone. They take EQ well. The customer service is stellar. I’m not familiar with the Berg beyond knowing they are a great company.

MarkLittleBass and S-Bigbottom like this.
  4. Genzler.
    With the array your mids and highs are heard well to the left and right of the cab not just near the front.

Check out the Genzler Club for some reports from users, especially @Joeykun and @Holdsg's posts. They play some big places with just this cab with ease.
    Click> Genzler Amplification Club
    Feel free to ask questions there also, it has a lot of user traffic already cruising through it.

MarkLittleBass and Joeykun like this.
  5. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    I voted Berg because I use them and love mine, but I'm sure the Genzlers are good too.

another thought would be to go with 2 2x10 cabs that you can stack vertically rather than the more boxy 4x10 designs.
    You'll get better dispersion and have at least part of the stack closer to your ears vs a 4x10 (any 4x10).

just a thought.
    lots of good options out there.
    good luck!

MarkLittleBass likes this.
  6. I agree completely except that this is where the Line Array shines. With the mids and highs only going through the line array you do not get the hot then not spot with the Genzlers.

revroy and MarkLittleBass like this.
  7. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS / KIRLIN CABLE
    Everything you described in what you are looking for is exactly what the Genzler BA410-3 delivers. Hands down the best 410 on the market!
    92DE1A0B-00AC-47BC-9DD4-CC8F3A5BAADD.

MarkLittleBass and S-Bigbottom like this.
  8. MarkLittleBass

MarkLittleBass

Oct 11, 2018
    Are you happy with the 4x10 or would your prefer 2 2x10s?

9. MarkLittleBass

MarkLittleBass

Oct 11, 2018
    Yer I'm considering the 2 2x10 also, just thought I would simplify the thread with 4x10 as it was mainly the Berg vs genz I was looking for, only thing with the 2x10s is it would work out more expensive

10. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS / KIRLIN CABLE
    The 410 hands down. Gives you bigger bottom. I also have a 210 that I add for bigger shows. But, the 410 alone can handle any stage big to small with authority!

11. MarkLittleBass

MarkLittleBass

Oct 11, 2018
    What ohms is your 2x10, I presume you must use it with the genzler head to be able to do that

12. Joeykun

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    The 210 is 8ohm. Yes, the Genzler Magellan 800 will go to 2.67 ohms. Which is an 8ohm & 4ohm load. Killer!

S-Bigbottom and eriky4003 like this.