1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bergantino B amp

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Acoop, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Acoop

Acoop

Feb 21, 2012
    I was in a music store, saw a Bergantino B amp system, picked up a J-bass, plugged her in and was blown away. I'm curious if anyone has tried their upright though this amp and what was their opinion. ...

2. Plutonium244

Plutonium244 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Sorry, no one is able to reply, having been blown away so much that they can't even find their way back to tell the tale.

3. jthisdell

jthisdell

Jun 12, 2014
    Roanoke, VA
    There is a separate B-Amp thread.

Bergantino B/Amp at NAMM

You might search there. Also a lot of discussion in the berg thread:

Club Bergantino! Let's See Those Rigs! (this is one of my favorite threads - 400+ pages of "I love this rig!!")

I heard one of the beta models before they went on sale and was blown away how powerful it sounded through an NV610.

4. Jefenator

Jefenator

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    It might be worth maintaining a separate thread for it here in the Double Bass forum to discuss how all the features pertain to this instrument. (Super hi-fi & flat baseline w/ adjustable hi-pass, notch & "bright", plus 2 or 3 user memory settings - could very well make my DB/doubling life easier...)

5. Joshua

Joshua WJWJr Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2000
    Connecticut
    I hesitate to weigh in here as calling me a DB hack would be an insult to actual DB hacks, but I've hacked for @ 10 years and recently picked up a B|AMP to use as a preamp for my rig. I have a laminate Shen with a Full Circle, and have been very pleased so far. All the features work exactly as advertised, and its sounds great to my ears.

Again, I'm definitely 99% bass guitarist, but the 1% double bassist is quite pleased with the B|AMP.

Jefenator likes this.
  6. Stu_Bass

Stu_Bass Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2006
    Pennsyltucky
    I don't break out my upright often but can say that slab, AEG, AEB (fretted and fretless) all sound fantastic. The feature set is ideal. All of these have been through FRFR cabs (Barefaced BB2's and Fearless F110)