1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bergantino CN212 = Just Awesome!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 4Strings71, Oct 11, 2013.

1. 4Strings71

4Strings71

Apr 29, 2012
    Hey Guys,

Probably already been said a million times :hyper:

Big thank you to all of you for praising the CN212 on here. I had to buy without trying first and after years of chopping and changing Bass Cabinets i can honestly say the "Bergantino CN212" absolutely kick ass! Only 46 lbs which is insane considering the power it can handle.

Used it again last night with my Eden WT-550 (no pedals, no effects) with my Jazz and Precision and i was super stoked with the tone from both basses through that Cab!

My GAS is over! :hyper:

2. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

I like that part where you said "my gas is over" definitely my favorite. ;)

3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I've been wearing mine out for months, paired with the Aguilar TH500. Great tone, super light and easy to transport. I've had no desire to whip out any of my other cabinets.

4. JOE EDO

JOE EDO Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2007
    Central New York
    Just got mine yesterday and I have to agree. Tonal bliss! Running some brown noise and pink noise through mine now to break in the drivers.

5. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Well, you know how I feel about it:D

6. JOE EDO

Aug 28, 2007
    Central New York
    Ken...first thank you. Quite the legacy you are to TB and in the lime light with the likes of JohnK and Bean on Toast as trusted colleagues. About how many hours of break in is the norm for the CN212? I'm I OK with running pink and brown noise into it? Oh yeas, have fun at your gig this weekend. I know the berg will make the men grunt and the girls cry.

7. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

A couple of hours of playing will do the job. As long ad you get the cones moving a bit, those surrounds will loosen pretty quickly, I don't know much about the different flavored of noise types, but you really don't need to do anything special. Just play it a bit and it will even out and open up a bit.

Enjoy! And Thanks!

8. JOE EDO

Aug 28, 2007
    Central New York
    :D Cool! Thanks for the quick reply. Can't wait to break out my MM SR5 and hit this cab with some low B bombs too. Mesa Prodigy should be in-bound in about 2 weeks. My dream rig is almost complete.

9. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I can attest that an SR5 into a Mesa tube amp into this cab is a thing of awesomeness.

:bassist:

10. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Gold Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Mine fell off it's aluminum dolly 3X already and it sounds better now. Seriously, I can't tell the difference between new and a few weeks on it.

11. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Yep. Second most popular phrase on all of TalkBass...right after: "Which is the best bass for metal?", and right before: "This is definitely the last ______ I'll ever buy!" :smug:

MM

12. 4Strings71

4Strings71

Apr 29, 2012
    ;)