1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino HD410 vs Tecamp Virtue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iwearpumas, Jun 25, 2014.

1. iwearpumas

iwearpumas Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    Has anyone ever compared?

2. allenhumble

allenhumble Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Nothing? Does anyone own the virtue cab or have any experience with it?

3. Berg all the way between those two cabs. I wouldnt mix driver in the first place, let alone in the same air space.

4. allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    why?

5. Their individual response will be effected by the other drivers, which will become apparent in their impedance curve. Since all that is frequency, and power dependant, you can have unpredictable, and depending on your amp, dangerous results.

Thats on top of the standard "dont mix drivers" spiel.

6. allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Why do cab manufacturers build these if not I deal? I've never played the virtue but the clips I've seen sound great.

7. Because their marketing departments think they can turn a profit.

8. allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    If the tonal output is good to my ears will this cause the tone of the cab to change over time? The bergantino ht322 is a great cab but bergantino no longer offers it or anything like it. Will the speakers not hold up?

9. iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    I've heard nothing but good things about the Virtue cab.

10. iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    So you're saying that the Virtue cab is a bad idea?

11. I think there are better cabs out there.

jastacey and iwearpumas like this.
  12. iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    Im sure. The problem is finding them.

13. How so? Are you trying to meet some specific budget or size requirement?

14. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    Can't say I've ever tried either of those cabs but I do have a Bergantino HT322 as my medium size cab (NV610 is my big cab). I can say from tons of experience with it that having a 12" and two 10" speakers and an adjustable tweeter in the same ported cab can sound fantastic if done right. Berg does it right.
    Between the two brands I'd go with the Bergantino hands down. I don't even look at other brands any more, Berg has the best product on the market as far a I'm concerned.

My biggest hesitation with the Tecamp would be the load switching. I can see situations where one might be playing the cab in the 8ohm mode but accidentally leaving their amp in the 4ohm setting or vise versa. Just seems like a train wreck waiting to happen. And it may just be me but I usually end up dialing way back or turning off any tweeters in my bass cabs if possible, so having 3 selectable tweeters just seems kinda goofy. They could have put just one in with a volume dial or just left them all out and I'd be just as happy.

Munjibunga likes this.
  15. iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    The HT322 was discontinued before I was able to get money to buy it. I have the HD410 model, and it my oldest piece of equipment.

16. allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    I was also interested in the virtue cab. Just pulled the trigger on toms ip322. Really excited to get mt hands on it.

17. oldschoolkyle

oldschoolkyle

May 2, 2012
    St. Petersburg, FL
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Basses, TecAmp Cabinets, Dean Markley Strings, EMG Pickups
    I have a Virtue cab... the best cab I have ever heard... It is amazing to say the least... I know it is hard to find one to try out... but if you are ever in florida... you can hear mine. The best cab on the market!

18. iwearpumas

Aug 12, 2011
    Middletown, NY
    I bought one. Its the best cab i ever had.

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I had an HT322. Great cab, but the CN212 sounds just as good to my ear.

GBassNorth likes this.