Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best buy on Digi 002 Control surface?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Need your kokua. We need one of these ASAP (by the end of next week). Who's got the best price? They're going on ebay for around $1,500. Any help would be greatly appreciated - mahalo.

2. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca
    Is the control surface a necessity?

3. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Well next week we could get by on just the rack. But we're trying to think ahead. It would be really nice just to get the controller now while we're at it. Anybody know of a good deal?

4. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    002 controller has a cheap feel to it, for the money I would rather get the 002R + JL Cooper MCS-3800 - sometimes you can find these used for about $800. It has super pro feel and does work flawlessly I ember owning one and using it with Digital Performer - the automatic fading and feel is second to non. I sold it saved up for an analog mixer - Midas Venice 160 - best move I ever made smokes anything mixed inside the box for sure. So if automatic fading is not a must for you, better get a 002R + Allen & Heath Mixwizard. Also you can buy one of those pro tools keyboards with all the shortcuts:

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2001/Pro-Tools-Custom-Keyboard.html

Or for a much cheaper solution get the stickers

http://secure.digidesign.com/index.cfm?page=templates/product_index&categoryid=12 choose a country, then click on Pro Tools manuals.

Also if you know all the key shortcuts of Pro tools you can accomplish a lot and much faster then with a controller. Another item you can check out is CM Labs MotorMix - very portable, and you can connect many of them if there is a need to upgrade later.

Cheers