1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Drum Machine For Practice?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by VirtuallyReal, Oct 14, 2010.

1. I'm looking for a user-friendly, good sounding drum machine, mainly for practice (for recording i use several plug-ins like Addictive Drums and such)

All i want is a drum machine that i can just plug into some amp, to jam along and practice.:bassist:

My ideal one would come with a decent (and usable) array of patches, and the ability to program new ones without a NASA engineer-degree.

All i want is a simple, intuitive, yet good sounding unit. Some sort of a tamed drummer that plays along the line you want, endlesly, without the one minute drum solos in between ;)...

... or maybe a unit with a computer interface, were you can edit songs or even use midi files, that can be loaded into the unit afterwards?

I'm aware i can do all this on my DAW, but sometimes i just want to push a few buttons and start playing...

Does such unit exist?

2. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

click from your addictive to an mp3.. last thing most of us need are more boxes sitting around.

I've owned drum machines.. normally for practice it ends up being a single track.. you can do this in addictive and then export.

3. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Sorry.. few buttons = Windows Media Player or your mp3 player.

4. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
  5. philtoler

philtoler

Dec 3, 2009
    I use my Zoom MRS8 all the time for that - so easy to use gives you 100's of sounds and sequences at the touch of a button (or wheel). Re programming - excellent - either real time or step sequence functions and also has something called a "rhythm song" function, which is designed especially to make programming quick and easy. You can also create patches and save to SD card.