1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best German bow case

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by samshreves, Jan 7, 2012.

1. samshreves

samshreves

Dec 12, 2011
    Hey everyone,

I'm shopping for a new bow case because mine is falling apart. Although I like it a lot and it has protected my bow thru thick and thin, it's really heavy and I was wondering if anyone knew of any german bow case that was hard, but still lighter than my other one. Maybe one made from some kind of composite material (carbon fiber, fiberglass?)? Thanks!

-Sam

2. Korus Bows

Korus Bows

Oct 26, 2009
    Topeka, Kansas
    Korus Bows
    I have a few cases made by Concord International Group that I use. They have several to choose from and the ones I have are nice and are fairly priced. I have a single case that can fit either a German or French and a double case that fits two German or two French, or one of each. I also have a single sleeve case that is supposed to fit down the pocket of the bass case. I use this one for shipping bows because it is relatively thin and fits into a triangular shipping box. I’m not sure what you are using now, but they are good cases and do their job. I have no idea what they weight. I know they are not as heavy as my bass.

: )

The only issue, which I'm sure is true with other cases as well, is that the bows have a little bit of room in the case at the tip end. This is so different lengths of bows can fit. I put some folded up paper towels, or better, a piece of foam at the tip to keep it from sliding around. Just don't want the ivory tip to snag on anything and break off. This is especially true when shipping.

Good luck.

Les

Korus Bows - Home

3. samshreves

samshreves

Dec 12, 2011
    Thanks Les! I'll check those out. I actually have one of your bows and my teacher said that it is probably the best german bow he's ever played on! I love it! Thanks again.

4. Thooom

Thooom

Apr 18, 2010
    I use a case with the Glasser name plate on it. Nice fit for my German H.R. Pfretzschner bow. Zipper shut. Got it at my local violin shop (it had come in with a bow that the shop bought). Maybe check glasserbows.com.