Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best looking basses.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ras1983, Jun 28, 2005.

1. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    I know that there are sadowsk fans, alembic addicts, ritter fans, fodera freaks, conklin crazies, ... ... ...

Just wanna let you guys know that IMHO nothing (although the rittrs come very close) looks better than an fbass.

2. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    just more pics :)

3. There are too many basses out there that I could look at forever and never get tired of. But there was a certain something about the Stambaugh DC body that I fell head over heels for. The fbasses are nice though... of course I have to post a pic now! I should have this bass in two weeks or so. I guess I just really love the horns and the overall balance. Of course if I had it my way... I would have ordered a bass from 10 different luthiers.

[​IMG]

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I've always liked this one.

[​IMG]

5. :bag:

Here we go!

:D :D :D

6. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA

I couldn't resist.

7. What are you talking about? That's a NICE one.

8. It's inevitable!

Hey Ras,

Here is another bass that just blew me away. Best singlecut IMO for originality! I think it's owned by someone on TB.

[​IMG]

9. ras1983

ras1983

Dec 28, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    how can people not like single cuts when basses such as this exist? the patterns on the wood are just breathtaking. it's like a superhero's bass! :)

10. That bass really doesn't have any "cuts" at all!!! The body just slopes into the neck. Single "Cuts" IMO, usually refers the basses having the lower "horn" and no upper. This bass has neither.

Nonetheless, it's cool :cool:

~Ryan.

11. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Marchlewski? I have quite a few pictures of that bass on my computer. A lot of them are the progress pictures of it being built, too :hyper:.

12. True... true. It's closer to a single than a double cut though. How about quarter cut? :ninja:

13. Hey Cerb~

Who's bass is this? Do you know. I have seen the progress pics too. I commissioned my Stambaugh and then saw these and wished I had another few grand to throw around. Can you say semihollow fretless with RMC's and a 13pin jack? Mmmmmmmmm

I knew you could... :D

14. Quarter-cut works for me! :bag:

~Ryan.

15. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Couldn't tell you who's bass it is. All I know is that I want one :eek: .

16. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana

Looks bookmatched. Notice the uniformity of the discoloration/spalt in the center.