Best multi-effects unit under $400 USD?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CaM90, Aug 15, 2005.

1. CaM90

Dec 14, 2004
    I currently have a DigiTech BP200, which is ok but I don't care for it much. I am thinking about in the next month or two to pick up a better multi-effects unit. I have been lookign at the Line 6 PODxt Live and Boss GT-6B. Both seem like good units, but I am leaning toward the Boss more. I want to keep it under $400 USD. Which of these two pedals is the better one? I will try them out soon but I want to get a say from you people. Any other effects units I should look at? I play all styles of music. I won't be using this a whole lot because I like my tone clean but I like to experiment with effects in a few of my/bands songs. I play a Ibanez SR 905 through a Yorkville XM200 if thsi matters.
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    what about the me-50b?
    Smaller than the GT-6B, doesn't have the modelling but IMO the fx are better
  3. CaM90

Dec 14, 2004
    I'll try them both out.
  4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Don't forget to consider the number of effects that the prospective unit allows to be used simultaneously. I think the ME50B falls a tad short in this area.
  5. Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    That was one of the reasons I didn't like the Bass POD -- the auto wah effect was in the same group as OD/distortion/fuzz. I could not get a fuzz stomp effect and an auto wah stomp effect at the same time. Of course, that could have been user error, but I sure did try. Plus it was difficult for me to get a good sounding auto wah, period. On the positive side, the POD did many things well. So did the ME-50B -- I've used both.
  6. CaM90

Dec 14, 2004
    What do you think is the strongest feature/effect of the Boss GT-6B? What's the weakest?