1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best old Peavey grind sound.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muziekschuur, May 10, 2019.

1. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Albion
    I cheated and got my Peavey grind from this. Was my 90s dream rig and I finally put it together. The Bassfex had some very nice efx choices for its time. 20180430_065331.

Giffro likes this.
  2. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    Amazing rig. I have the guitar efx. And the footcontroller. Still searching for a version 2. So the footcontroller actually has a function.

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  3. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    [​IMG]

4. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    I have done a lot of research on how to work with wet dry wet, all sorts of low and high filtering. Basically. If you get a modern wifi mixer. You can mix alot of that into the wedges and use a humble bass amp as a single monitor. But... you still need to hands on learn that stuff. Most of it is possible with this Peavey stuff. So keep em rollin.

5. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    [​IMG]

6. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    [​IMG]
    Never seen this head before. Any info?

7. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    [​IMG]

8. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    [​IMG]

9. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    [​IMG]

10. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    [​IMG]

11. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    [​IMG]
    1x15 and 2x8 inch. Ideal for wet dry wet if you ever wanted to go there.

12. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    Stage dominator rig!

[​IMG]

13. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    [​IMG]
    Still being sold I think.

14. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    [​IMG]

15. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Killer combination either using the Ric 4003, Aussie made Maton Fretless or the absolute perfect grind matching of my 1991 Peavey DynaBass 5 and my Peavey MKIV head 1820 cab. Ive had this gigging rig for nearly 30 years and she still pumps a heap of air whatever bass I play through it.

PeaveyMK4Amp Rick4003 MatonFL. LUCY08.JPG

Muziekschuur likes this.
  16. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    [​IMG]
    There are alot of slave amps out there too.

17. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

May 25, 2009
    Stavenisse
    One thing a bass player would like to have in bigger venues is controll over the bass sound. Not only by EQ. But using wet dry wet and or high and low using a filter. I believe the way forward for bass players is having controll over these parameters in an easy package. The role of the bass player has changed. And Much of what is learned from these amps should find it's way into future designs. In a new way.

18. Good looking collection of older Peavey stuff there OP. I had inquired some feedback regarding a few older (I'm guessing 70's, 80's or 90's version) Peavey 2x15 cabs with one having what looked like BW's (had the BW equipped plate, silver dust cover and rounded speakers) and the other Scorpions (black speakers, silver and squared off speakers). I know for what they are they can be worth it at the right price. Heavy as all get out but built solid and would survive pretty much anything.