Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best way to swap ideas?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Bushfire, Jul 28, 2005.

1. What's a good program for me and my guitarist to swap (musical) ideas with, I really have no idea, for the moment we just use guitar pro but that's not that great because it sounds so bad, seeing as I have no idea on what kind of program I'm gonna need, can anyone help me?

2. jtauban

jtauban

Oct 28, 2003
    try ACID PRO 5

Great program - originally a loop based program, but it has grown into an amazing software. It's very easy to start using it, it has a lot of cool functions that help being creative and enough depth to help you develop your musical ideas.
    It's also a great tool to practice. Just throw in a loop, change the tempo and ride with it!

good luck with your music,

Julien

3. +1 on Acid Pro, I love it. There are a ton of loop cd's out there that you can use with Acid also. Do you have any software that turns your ideas/songs into Wavfiles or MP3's? That way you could send each other the song files, dump them onto your recording software and swap ideas.

4. Well, What is Acid Pro? Is it recording the instrument, because, I can get some rudimentry recordings of my playing onto the computer, but my guitarist can't.

5. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    Acid Pro (PC)
    GarageBand (Mac)
    Ableton Live (PC or Mac)

If you aren't familiar with these, search Google. There's a cheapo version of Acid MusicStudio? at any CompUSA or Bestbuy and is really quite nice and easy to use for what you want to do.