Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Big Muff = OD?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Petary791, May 18, 2005.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Could I make a Big Muff an OD? When I say OD, I mean like Geddy Lee or Antipop Claypool sounding whatnot?

Thanks.

2. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    get a sansamp, lots of hi end, this will do the trick, the muff is more of a mojo pedal, it has its sound, not the one your describing!

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    A Big Muff is a fuzz pedal. Overdrive pedals simulate pushing amps too hard by soft clipping where the Big Muff provides hard clipping (meaning it's pretty much not easy to get the sound you want)

Check out the Boss ODB-3 or Sansam BDDI for this sound, or my personal recommendation is the DOD Overdrive/Preamp 250.

4. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    Does it really sound that cool?? heard a couple of sound samples of the 250, didn't liked it, Maybe if you could find one with a 'ray it could be great!!!
    i'm going to build a boost based on the fat boostered boost on GGG.com modified for guitar with an extra loop which will have a lowpass filter, this will be to put the wah and OD dist pedals into it.. So i'll be able to switch from dist to clean to slap in one foot tap sounds great doesn't it?