1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Big Muff Pi and another question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by matius88, Mar 31, 2013.

1. matius88

matius88

Jun 25, 2012
    Argentina
    Hi how are you,

im having trouble of making a Little "distortion" to a clean signal with this pedal, its like it goes from 0 to A LOT OF FUZZ and Overdrive.

other thing i want to do is cover the song around the world, i kinda make a similar tone, but if someone has a cool setup please help me :p

the other thing y want to know if you like this pedal for "little" distortions or you use other pedal for that?

2. MRDOOM

MRDOOM

Jul 16, 2009
    Utah
    I'm afraid that it really only does "A LOT OF FUZZ". It does this very well, but whenever I've tried to get just a little dirt from it, it ends up sounding like my regular signal with little bit of static added to it. As for the around the world tone, try turning the tone and sustain knobs to about 3:00 and adjusting the volume to taste.

3. matius88

matius88

Jun 25, 2012
    Argentina
    Thanks for your reply, what kind of pedal do you recomend for little overdrive or fuzz?
    I want my regular tone with some chunky distor OR FUZZ
    thanks for all

4. G3Mitch

G3Mitch

Feb 8, 2011
    New Zealand
    i think flea used a boss odb-3 for that song.

buy a blend pedal and whatever distortion or fuzz you like. This way, whatever dirt pedal you use, you will retain your low end punch and note definition.

I use the Xotic X blender. best blender there is imo.

5. MRDOOM

MRDOOM

Jul 16, 2009
    Utah
    Well, I use a Tech 21 VT bass for a more subtle tube overdrive effect, although it can get pretty dirty if I want it to. I've never used them, but the Way Huge Pork Loin and Green Rhino are supposed to be good too.

6. necropain

necropain

Aug 21, 2012
    personally i like the boss DS-1 for distortion the EHX Nano muff for overdrive and either Holy Stain or Joyo Voodoo Octave for fuzz