1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Bisonic Gretsch Jet

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mellowgerman, Dec 21, 2018.

1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a relatively recent project bass. Gretsch Electromatic Jet bass fitted with a Novak Bisonic (Fender spacing & wound to vintage spec). Demo recording has been added in a separate post below.
    Short scale, vol/tone, strung with D'Addario black nylon tapewounds, has strap locks and I will throw in the strap with the connectors. Pickguard is currently not installed, but will be included as well -- see older photo from when it still had roundwound strings and the pickguard installed. The original pickup was slightly wider than the Bisonic, so two small, black plastic tabs were fashioned from a single-ply adhesive pickguard blank (typically used to make acoustic guitar pickguards) to cover up the excess cavity peeking out on either side. They're almost unnoticeable on the dark finish, but you can see them in the first photo under the bright light. Knobs have been replaced with black ones to give it a sleeker look, though I'd be happy to put the chrome ones back on if that's what you prefer. Has a few dings that were already there when I got the bass; only notable ones on bottom, back edge near the control cavity cover (also pictured).
    The finish is hard to describe and even harder to photograph... I would call it a transparent faded olive burst. Looks black in most photos but I managed to get one at just the right angle to catch the grain and color.
    Plays very well for an "entry level" bass, though a pro fret-levelling would surely make it a melted butter shredder. Also, absolutely no deadspots! Every note sustains beautifully.
    I like this little guy quite a bit, but my vintage Starfire gets 95% of my attention and I just dropped some coin on a nice Guild Acoustic bass, so I figured I'd see if anybody wants to adopt the Bisonic Gretsch.
    $341.78 $311.78 plus approximate shipping to wherever you are (continental US). PayPal preferred. Of course, a local cash sale in the Orlando area is fine too.
    Trade offers will be considered, though I can't think of much that I would go for at this time... no pedals/effects please.

**Remember, the pickup itself goes for $285+shipping... so you're basically getting a nice bass attached to it for $11.78**

20181221_201049.

20181221_191735.

20181221_201204.

20181221_201112.

20181221_195741.

20181221_195151.

20181204_180043-1.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    cataract, pudge, BK bassist and 2 others like this.
  2. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    We have a request from the gallery for sound clips m'lord.

mellowgerman likes this.
  3. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Deptford, NJ
    Wrong forum but... sounds PLEASE! I have never seen or heard this particular bass.

mellowgerman likes this.
  4. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Didn't have much time this morning, so here's just a quick raw track. No preamp, compression, or anything fancy. Just the bass directly into my Tascam.
    First diddy I play 4 different ways; fingerstyle near the neck, heavier attack fingerstyle over the pickup, using a pick, and palm muted with a pick. That's followed by a few other random noodly things. Hope this gives you guys a good idea of what it sounds like (at least with D'Addario black nylon tapewound strings). The recording did come out a little quiet, so you might have to turn it up a bit, and of course good headphones are best!

5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Cool bass!

mellowgerman likes this.
  6. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    This looks like a whole lot of fun!

mellowgerman likes this.