BIT anyone?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by eclps, Jan 21, 2005.

1. eclps

Jan 21, 2005
    As of now i'm currently at Cal Poly as a csc major and a minor in music. The deeper i go into music and the more theory i learn, the more i love it. I'm considering transfering down to musicians institute for BIT because the music program here is more classical bassed and i wanted more of a jazz or funk genre. I have a pretty solid understanding of theory, just my only concern is whether or not i have enough practice under my belt to get accepted.

But getting to my point, I just wanted to get some opinions on the school, and also any advice on the recording you have to send. Is it a hard school to get into? or do they accept any potential student really? or if you have any other info I would really appreciate it.
  2. Violen

Violen Instructor in the Vance/Rabbath Method Banned Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Kansas City Metro Area
    Endorsing Artist: Conklin Guitars (Basses)
    Do it.

BIT is amazing, i graduated last april, and it turned me in to a great bassist. I still have a long way to go but I wouldnt trade the experience for anything.....You will eat, breathe and sleep bass.

Study alot of Jazz, Latin, and Blues while there. Get in a schroder band as soon as possible, get in three if you can.

Dont sweat the recording. Seriously, just do what it asks, and make sure you are confident in it. Its not "hard" to get into but you need to be able to play to get into the school.

BTW, your half of rent will most likely be 600-700 dollars if you live in hollywood.

Man i miss Hollywood. If i could go back id go through KIT in a heartbeat.

Participate in all the playing classes and LPW's that you can. Dont party, dont hang out, eat, breathe and sleep bass. My only regret is not practicing enough.