1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bit of painting advice please!

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Quinn.H, May 17, 2011.

1. Quinn.H

Quinn.H

Jan 24, 2011
    Hello Talkbass!

SO

I have a warwick corvette pro series bass

Warwick Corvette ProLine - Picture 1 - Wikizic

Which I ADORE. Bearing in mind I have no intention of selling it soon, I plan to have a logo painted on it

Now, I don't know the first thing about painting guitars, so excuse my childlike descriptions, but this bass does not have a shiny coating on it (polyurethane?) and you can still see the grain in the wood. Considering the logo is only going to take up 3-5 square inches, should I tell my artist friend just to use watercolor paint? And if not what paint should be used?

Picture of the logo (I think this will work...)

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=212753&stc=1&d=1305669621

Please Help!

Attached Files:

2. Water colors won't last but a few moments on any surface but the walls in your house where your kids use their fingerpaints for instance.

Do you mean to say there is no coating at all on your bass now?

3. Quinn.H

Quinn.H

Jan 24, 2011
    No, It's painted blue, it just doesn't have a shiny coating on it. Like the one pictured. What paint should I use?