1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Blacking Out" my SR905

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jbasso, Mar 21, 2006.

1. jbasso

jbasso

Mar 1, 2006
    Hugo, MN
    Hey guys...

I own an Ibanez sr905:
    rwm8vc.

And I am interested in "Blacking it out"

By blacking it out, I mean black knobs and bridge for sure, and possibly tuners/strings

Problem is, I have NO CLUE what is compatable with my bass. I am looking at the hipshot B Style bridge, and really liking it. Would it work? Where would I be able to purchase black knobs? I remember seeing some on a site with electronics and such, but they only had one size. My guess is, that it wont matter if I replace the smaller knobs currently on the bass with some larger ones, but Im not sure.

If anyone has any suggestions on which products I should purchase, which products are compatable, or someone who can fit the products on my bass, and do it well.

Thanks, any input is appreciated:)

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    The knobs will be easy. Any knob sets will work. However, if you want to keep the big/small knob assortment it may be a little harder. You can just eBay or Google "black dome knobs" and get tons of them.

Unfortunley, the bridge is going to be harder. Your bridge is counter-sunk into the body of the bass. The bst thing to do in this case is to remove your current bridge and measure the size of the counter-sunk portion and just check eBay for bridges. There's a seller called "choppers music" or something to that degree that always has rip off bridges with tighter string spacing (for your bass).

The tuners will be an easy fix. Just find some used black Gotoh style tunes