1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blast Cult Accessories

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by DukeCC, Jan 23, 2019.

1. DukeCC

DukeCC

Nov 4, 2016
    Indiana
    Is Blast Cult selling accessories currently (strings, pickups, pre-amps, etc)? Are they filling orders in a timely manner, if so?

I've heard they've had issues with bass fulfillment. I was curious if they were doing OK with other items.

Thanks

DonaldFraser likes this.
  2. I’ve wondered the same thing.....but with Jason going to the U.K. who knows what he he’ll is going on.

3. dhergert

dhergert Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Blue Zone, California
    There has been discussion in another TB/DB thread that BC is being taken over by someone else in the USA. If I can find that thread I'll point it out here (found it).

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  4. DukeCC

DukeCC

Nov 4, 2016
    Indiana
    Thanks! Looks promising, I think/hope!

5. dhergert

Jan 17, 2018
    Blue Zone, California
    Yup, a lot of us are hoping. I've never met the new guy, he worked on my bass for my base's previous owner and I have no first-hand experience working with him. His work on my bass included functional restoration, repair and hot-rodding it. He was successful, and I've been very happy with my bass.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  6. BobKay

BobKay Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Estero, Florida; USA
    Disclaimers: 1. This is none of my business; 2. I would never be in the market for the BC basses or accessories (I don't slap).
    But, as a long-time small business owner who always tried to keep the best interests of customers and employees at the center of my decisions, it is dismaying to think that anyone would patronize that company. Allegedly, BC took money from people and did not deliver the product. Perhaps a harsh position, based on the fact that there may be a new owner, but any purchase rewards alleged bad behavior, and that's not acceptable to me.

7. s0707

s0707

Jun 17, 2015
    I agree. I wouldn't buy anything from BC, especially accessories which can be purchased elsewhere. You've got other excellent vendors like Gollihur.

You know, BC was exhibiting at NAMM 2019 and I kept thinking "how many poor souls are going to fall prey to the promises..."

8. Wait, there is more than one person waiting on a bass? I though it was just this one case!!!!

9. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    I can't believe that anyone would forward their cash to these crooks after reading the thread here about them.

How's that saying go...."a fool and his money....."

Seriously folks, spend your money with a reputable company.

KUNGfuSHERIFF and DonaldFraser like this.
  10. dhergert

Jan 17, 2018
    Blue Zone, California
    Please don't mistake my statement above either as an endorsement or as a dismissal... It is only an expression of hope. I was only discussing the possible new company owner's successful work on my bass in the past and again, I have no first hand experience working with him. I believe that this new owner will have to prove himself over the long term, at least to this double bass community.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  11. BobKay

BobKay Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Estero, Florida; USA
    I think that we should not necessarily "tar the new owner with the same brush." On the other hand, if he is taking over the assets (e.g. name; customer list) I wonder if he will also assume the liabilities. I'm only half serious; I'm sure the answer is no. Each person should do what he or she thinks is the best for their need.

dhergert and DonaldFraser like this.
  12. I watched (from the sidelines) the new owner’s former business venture with his partner in that venture, and suffice to say it did not go or end well. There is no such thing in life as coincidence. Caveat emptor.

misterbadger and DonaldFraser like this.
  13. Is this in any way involved with deuce bridges?

14. sevenyearsdown

sevenyearsdown Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    It's surprising to me that another luthier would want to get involved with a company, and an individual who's already stiffing people for thousands. Especially given the fact that it's not the first time/company he's been involved with that's done this.

Get off my lawn, again.

DonaldFraser likes this.
  15. dhergert

Jan 17, 2018
    Blue Zone, California
    TB/DB has been willing to host threads discussing specifics of bad business ethics as a service to the DB community. That's great.

Yet regarding the possible new owner, there has only been inference, innuendo and rumors. There has never been a direct reference discussing specific business ethic problems. Since I own a bass that this person worked on before I purchased it, I've read copiously here trying to find such specifics. I have seen one reference of where a product that this person made didn't work for a luthier trying to install it, but I haven't found specific business ethics problems with this person discussed.

I'd suggest that if those specific situations exist with the possible new owner, they should be brought up here now. Otherwise, the inferences, innuendo, rumors and other cheap shots should stop.

This is in notable contrast to the documentation here in TB/DB regarding the current BC owner. There is little doubt about that.

There is nothing new about new owners purchasing failed businesses, including where the previous owners had bad business ethics. It happens all the time. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

I'd say what I said before, the possible new owner has demonstrated his technical talent, but he is going to have to prove himself over the long term before he'll be widely trusted here. I agree that paying back some old BC unfulfilled commissions would go a long way to help with this; that should be considered part of the expense of taking over this business.

I also agree that we have some wonderful vendors here that many of us have had a great time working with. For many of us they will always be the first choice of people we want to work with.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  16. DdGg

DdGg

Nov 4, 2019
    Blast Cult has not been taken over by anyone else. Blast Cult is run by Jason Burns and we have now opened a new workshop in the U.K to go alongside our HQ in Orange, California.

There has been a lot of rumours and bad feedback from our customers and all we can do is apologise once again.

Blast Cult lived through a couple of bad years that messed up our production. we had a couple of personal tragedies that directly affected our productivity, creating lots of delays and back orders.

We have now managed to get back on track and finally everything we had on back orders has been dealt with.

I hope you guys understand and support our brand as much as we support and dedicate ourselves to the bass and guitar player community.

Many thanks

Blast Cult

QUOTE="DukeCC, post: 22237423, member: 299642"]Is Blast Cult selling accessories currently (strings, pickups, pre-amps, etc)? Are they filling orders in a timely manner, if so?

I've heard they've had issues with bass fulfillment. I was curious if they were doing OK with other items.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

yousaiditman likes this.