Blatant Self Promotion: The Neighborhood Flash

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Tnavis, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey there, Talkbassers-

I'm the bassist for The Neighborhood Flash, a band out of the Twin Cities area of Minnesota. I just finished the majority of coding for the webiste, so I'd be grateful if you would swing on by, check it out, and give a listen to some of our streaming audio over at There's a link to our tunes on the website. Let me know what you think!

The forgotten URL:
  2. Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
  3. zephir2004

Mar 8, 2004
    Could be cool but the pictures seemed very blurry on my computer. I like the idea with the tabs though.

Nice fretless sound on the jazzy "Let's Get Soaking Wet"

4. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    I do this for a living so a little help here:

When you go to the bios it just has names, put the imstrument each person plays. No one wants to go to the drummers anyway.

You should get rid of the graphic on the enter page and incorporate it in the homepage design. I, and I am sure others hate having to click to enter sites.

Check out my portfolio to get some ideas. If you want/need any help let me know.
  5. Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks for the input! The blurry pictures on the main page are meant to look like that.... I was going for a comic book/newsprint effect. Thanks also for the tips on the splash page.... not sure why I did that, but I myself am annoyed with it, so it will probably get removed.

Once again, thanks for checking it out!