1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Blind Melon Soup?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tigerbass, Apr 17, 2009.

1. tigerbass

tigerbass Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    Any fans of Blind Melons' Soup CD?
    I'm just sitting outside on the tailgate of my truck, got the smoker fired up BBQ'ing some chipotle pork chops, playing my acoustic bass with the wife to the likings of Blind Melons' Soup CD and thinking to myself...HOLY S@#T, this guy is just RIPPING from start to finish, and I'm just jammming along with him and then my arm starts to tighten up and I think to myself..."Damn I love playing bass, it just don't get no better than this!"
    Peace and cheerz to all my fellow bass players!

2. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Its a great disc, and a shame they got swallowed up by the "grunge" phenomenon of the early 90's.

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    They're totally underrated. They'll probably always be known as a one hit wonder due to No Rain, but there was so much more to the band than the hit single, albeit an awesome hit single. Shannon Hoon's lyrics were real.

4. tigerbass

tigerbass Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    Yeah, Shannon Hoon kicked ass, but the bass on EVERYTHING they have ever done is killer IMHO! I have the new CD and the bass is insane! Not only his chops, but the tone as well!