Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bling.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, May 24, 2005.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Come on, who has some?

I have three rings, a thumb ring (which I use for bass), a pointer ring and a ring finger ring. I also have a cool watch which I use to tell time, because that's what they're for.

[​IMG]

2. A watch on your right hand? Now that's bling.

3. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    And you play the bass that way? :D

4. Not to hijack the thread, but, for a lefty it's traditional to wear a watch on the right hand. :D

'cause the "weaker" hand suffers less abuse and the watch is not as prone to damage. Of course this only works for watches that actually have moving parts. :cool:

Back OT: I wear a ring on the right and left hand ring fingers, and when I gig I add a right hand pinky ring and a left hand pointer ring, and sometimes a neck chain. :rolleyes:

..............Jim

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I'm a righty. I just like everything on my right hand. watches on the left are awkward.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I have my watch on my left hand, with the face upside down. So when I'm jamming, I can see what time it is. :nerd:

Bling... hmmm... well... I've got that $20 watch I just told you about... :meh:

7. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Jewelery is for girls.

8. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    So is journalism! Baddum ching :p...

Just kidding ;)

9. wouldn't that be hard to read, what with the hands facing your arm and all? :D

kidding!...................Jim

10. I'm the opposite - I wear a ring on my right ring finger and a watch, but I always take both off when I play.

11. [​IMG]

oooh yeah, cow spots and a skull (on my left arm).

12. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Admit it! You're not kidding at all!! :p :D

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

It took me a while to get that... I knew I phrased how I had my watch wrong... :D I just don't have a digital camera. I should scan my hand for future reference. :D

14. Thumb ring on both, wedding ring, pinkie ring on right hand, all titanium
    a bitchin Fossil watch, a neck chain, that's about it.

Rock.

15. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    So who is jewellery for then?

16. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Oooooooh SNAP!

....and stuff.

17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

18. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Me either. I got a wedding ring and a watch...but the watch band just broke so...

19. Wedding ring. Watch. And the phrase 'Mike_v_s' in gold caps across the top row of teeth. I am missing teeth where you see the '_'.

Mike

20. two neck chains, one kinda typical surfer type thing, the other a metal chain with a metal pick (aint i a cliche?:D)

i havent worn a watch in MANY years, but I'm hoping to get my addidas one fixed soon:)