Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Blisters.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by popinfresh, Jul 31, 2005.

1. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Lately after playing for a long time coming up to gigs, i've gotten some pretty sore blisters.
    I'm just wondering what's best to put on them when playing to stop the pain? It's just that I like to dig in to get the most out of my tubes, but all that does it gives me lotsa pain (which takes concentration off my playing) and makes them worse.
    I've used bandaids, blister spray stuff, elasto plast stuff and some kinds of tape. All of them just wore off or got chewed up and went sticky. When I used bandaids or the elasto plast my fingers were literally getting stuck to my strings.
    I've heard of using that invisible/liquid band aid stuff.. Does that really work? Wouldn't it just peel off easily? Also, i've heard of using superglue from searching threads.. Does that work well? Take away much pain?
    And lastly, when people talk of tape, what tape do you guys mean? I've used about 3 different sorts and they all just got ripped up. And the amount I needed on there to take some pain away just took the whole feeling away from my fingers..
    So yah..

Cheers.

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
  3. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Hmmm, I searched 'blisters' and only got about 5 of those results. =/

Cheers.

EDIT: By the way, can anyone still answer my question about tape?