1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

blue steels

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by elavate7, Apr 24, 2010.

1. elavate7

elavate7

Jul 8, 2009
    its all about "THE POCKET"
    what are they, flats or rounds??? how do they sound? how do they feel? do the wear out the frets?

2. Meatrus

Meatrus

Apr 5, 2009
    England
    Surely you could have found if they are flats or rounds for yourself :p!

There are stainless Blue steels, and there are also Nickel plated. If someone doesent mention Nickel when talking about them you can probaly assume they are SS set as they are generally more popular, and I think came out first. Both are roundwound.

Dont be worried about your frets whatever you use, its a bit of a myth that strings wear frets fast really.

3. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    They're my new favorite strings. Brought my 74" 4001 to life.:bassist:

4. 251

Oct 6, 2006
    Metro Boston MA
  5. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Very bright roundwounds which have crack of thunder lows. They are the brightest stainless steal strings Ive tried. Takes a bit of break in time for them to get good sound due to the extra bright sound out of package. Once initial top gets tamed they sound very good imo. Similiar to GHS and Ernie Ball feel wise. Not as rough as rotosound feel wise. Rotosounds sound practically dead in comparisson to them when BS's are new. Once tamed blue steals sound about as bright as rotosounds do when fairly new though.

6. nsmar4211

nsmar4211

Nov 11, 2007
    Yes, VERY bright strings. I just switched out my dead ones for a set.....dreading what was going to happen.....yike. Last nights gig (4 hours after changing them) I was forever adjusting knobs. My treble on my amp was originall at 3 oclock, had to turn it to 10oclock.

In my case, now I have to rethink how I play. They are very sensitive and when doing slap/pop I had massive "wrong string hit" issues. Well......my own fault....

But once I've played on em for a few gigs they'll calm down :) If you have a bass that always sounds dull, toss a set of these on there..........you'll never hear dull again!

One great thing about em is they last for a loooooong time.