Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

books

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by saxplayer, Jul 22, 2004.

1. saxplayer

saxplayer

Jul 19, 2004
    hey there, what are some good book ideas for a guy who's just starting and probably won't be receiving formal lessons for a little while, like at least a month or two.

i don't want to get too many bad habits.

2. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    See those threads up at the top labelled "sticky"?

3. saxplayer

saxplayer

Jul 19, 2004

That had better not be attitude. Because if it is: why don't you try helping out the new guy rather than being a moron?

Novel idea, hmm?

4. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    I thought I did help. :eyebrow:

5. saxplayer

saxplayer

Jul 19, 2004
    oh? Sorry if i missed it. If I didn't could i get a little bit more than just a cryptic remark?

6. Kurisu

Kurisu

Nov 19, 2003
    Saskatoon SK
    Well, on the main General Instruction page there are threads at the top marked "Sticky." One of those threads is titled "Book list for GI Theory Links." In there is a generous list of books.

The reason it is marked "Sticky" is to save everyone's time and prevent common questions from being asked many times over. The idea is that new people to the board (and welcome, by the way) will read it first, go through the list of books, and maybe try a few out.

If these new posters then have any more specific questions they will use the search function (located at the top of the page, to the right of "Calender" and the left of "Quick Links") to see if their question has been asked before. If it has, they will read those answers and usually find some good advise.

If all that fails, they can then start a new thread and ask their question, at which time there will be many a TBer who will be more than happy to answer a novel and interesting question.

7. saxplayer

saxplayer

Jul 19, 2004
    Thank you, kindly.