1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bootsy Collins & George Duke - Dukey Stick

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Chili, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    is that a bass solo in that song or is it keyboard? it sounds like the effect bootsy uses quite alot, if someone has a clue what i'm talkin about could they tell me if it is bootsy and his bass doin the solo?

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That's not Bootsy, that's Byron Miller.

3. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    oh, so bootsy didnt play bass on that song? but it was a bass solo tho wasnt it? i love the effect bootsy uses aswell in alot of his stuff, what pedal is he using?

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Yeah. If you like that solo, check out the bass solo in "Reach For It".

5. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    cool thx, ill deffinitly check it out, i've never heard of Byron Miller, is he releaited to marcus miller? lol, does he always play with george duke? on the live dvd am gunna get louis johnson is playing instead of him

6. George Duke - Reach For It.

A Keytar and Bass Dual :eek::eek::eek:

7. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    Yup thats byron Miller. These tunes came out in the late 70's. They were all over R&B radio when I was in my very early teens. No Byron is not related to Marcus.

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    The first time I saw Byron Miller was with George Duke back in the 70's, they also had a very young Sheila E in the band, and they killed!!! Duke was going for that bands vibe on his last album, and I was very happy. For other killer-Miller moments check out his work with Flora Purim or just about any other Duke produced project from the late 70's.

9. Demonator

Demonator

Jun 14, 2009
    L.J. Kentucky
    Dean Street Team
    Byron is amazing.

10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather