1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Borrow a bass for a day? NYC

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by HolmesBass, Oct 11, 2013.

1. HolmesBass

HolmesBass

Sep 8, 2007
    Santa Fe
    I'm looking to borrow an upright bass for one day in NYC, on October 19, to accompany a songwriter at the Mountain Stage New Song finals event at Lincoln Center. We're traveling in from NM to play two songs.

I've arranged to rent a bass from Gage, but they're closed on Sundays, and that's when we head back home. I'm planning on arranging for transport (Gage-Lincoln Center-Gage), but this endeavor may end up costing a bunch, and I'm probably not subway-savvy enough to try to take the bass on the train.

I thought it worth a try to put some feelers out here in the Talk Bass community. Perhaps one of you will be at the same event and would be willing to share.

Many thanks.
    Susan

2. brandau

brandau

Jan 30, 2008
    NYC
  3. HolmesBass

HolmesBass

Sep 8, 2007
    Santa Fe
    Thanks!

4. brandau

brandau

Jan 30, 2008
    NYC
    As the date gets closer...If you end up in a bind and can't work something out, PM me.

5. Anonymatt

Anonymatt

Jan 3, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    I could transport the bass on the subway, if you're interested in other last resorts.
    Oh wait, they're closed on Sunday like you said, duh.

6. HolmesBass

HolmesBass

Sep 8, 2007
    Santa Fe
    Thanks for your help and suggestions with this venture.