Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

boss br-864 question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by paniak17, Aug 28, 2005.

1. I have a song that changes rhythm, but I desparately need drums for, and I don't own drums or a keyboard with drum sounds.

Is there anyway for me to record the drums on the machine to a single track without using all that drum machine stuff that they want you to use? I tried putting one earbud to a microphone and tapping away but I got clicks instead of the actual drum sound. Please Help. :help:

2. dhodgeh

dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004
    FLA-USA
    As a former owner of one of these, I would use external software to create the drum track, then import the track into the 864 via the USB interface.

hth

D

3. How do i import it onto my computer?

4. dhodgeh

dhodgeh

Jul 15, 2004
    FLA-USA
    Well now, you just hit on one of the main reasons I decided to do away with the BR-864 and go back to a PC based system.

I don't remember the exact details, but it does involved connected the '864 to you computer via the USB interface, activating the interface via a series of commands to the '864, copying the drum track to the '864, and the disconnecting the '864 from the computer.

The manual should have complete details on how to do this.

D