1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss DD-5 question...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by emjazz, Mar 18, 2008.

1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I want to know if the Boss DD-5's effect will trail off when you turn it off like the DD-6, or does the effect suddenly stop like the DD-3?

Also, if you have one, what are your thoughts on this pedal?

2. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    I looked at one for a while and even tried a used one. Unfortunately, I don't remember whether it's trailsy or not. Not sure if you've checked, but BossArea.com may be of some use.

I do remember liking it, but not enough to buy it from GC at a ridiculous price. I went Digitech Digidelay instead, and modded that for tap tempo. The Tap tempo switch input on the DD-5 is what really drew me to it, and that would certainly be of good use.

3. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    The digidelay trails off like the DD-6, that could be what you're looking for unless you specifically want a Boss DD.

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I want the DD so I can have Analogman mod it. I want to be able to use an expression pedal with it.

So...can the DD-5 trail off?

I have to admit that I may wait on the DD-7 if I find out that you can use an expression pedal and an external tap tempo source at the same time. It looks very promising.

5. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    :eyebrow:

you responded to the wrong poster, my friend :smug:

6. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    Incredibly true. I'd ditch my Digidelay for it myself, but I'm a little too attached to my modded pedals, I'm afraid.

7. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    I responded to yours because you mentioned the Digitech model but it was aimed at him. :)

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Anyone know if it trails off?

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Got my answer from Chris Buono....if you don't know him, CHECK HIM OUT NOW! He's got it goin on, especially for you effect buffs. The playing's there in spades too....very nice.

Anyhow, yes the DD-5 trails off. Very, very nice.

Now if I had only caught that one that just sold......oh man.