Boss Expression and Volume

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Heckxx, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    How effective is the Boss FV-300L:

..For using as a volume pedal for active basses? The idea is, I want to kill two birds with one stone by using this pedal as volume and as expression for other Boss effects, like the PH-3 and the AW dynamic wah. However, this volume pedal was designed for keyboards so I'm thinking there may be a problem.

I was also a little confused on what cable I would need to hook up from the Boss stomp-pedal to this expression pedal. As far as I know, I just need a standard 1/4 stereo cable.
  2. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    WEll does anyone at least have any knowledge of the FV-50H and FV-50L ?
  3. Joseph12

Jul 5, 2002
    I have had the FV-300L for about 5 years.

It's worked for me as advertised as both a standard volume pedal for guitar and bass and also as a Roland expression pedal for synths (Roland and Alesis).
    I haven't tried it to control effects, but think it should work fine.

To use it as an expression pedal you'll need a cable with TRS/stereo ends on both ends of the cable.

The pedal seems well made, is metal; haven't had any problems with it, but I've given it relatively light use, never gigged with it.
    I think it's a good choice if you do not mind spending more; you do get a heavy, well made pedal that has more than one use.

Joe B