Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss Expression and Volume

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Heckxx, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    How effective is the Boss FV-300L:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/151367/

..For using as a volume pedal for active basses? The idea is, I want to kill two birds with one stone by using this pedal as volume and as expression for other Boss effects, like the PH-3 and the AW dynamic wah. However, this volume pedal was designed for keyboards so I'm thinking there may be a problem.

I was also a little confused on what cable I would need to hook up from the Boss stomp-pedal to this expression pedal. As far as I know, I just need a standard 1/4 stereo cable.

2. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    WEll does anyone at least have any knowledge of the FV-50H and FV-50L ?

3. Joseph12

Joseph12

Jul 5, 2002
    I have had the FV-300L for about 5 years.

It's worked for me as advertised as both a standard volume pedal for guitar and bass and also as a Roland expression pedal for synths (Roland and Alesis).
    I haven't tried it to control effects, but think it should work fine.

To use it as an expression pedal you'll need a cable with TRS/stereo ends on both ends of the cable.

The pedal seems well made, is metal; haven't had any problems with it, but I've given it relatively light use, never gigged with it.
    I think it's a good choice if you do not mind spending more; you do get a heavy, well made pedal that has more than one use.

Joe B