Boss GT3.

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by WalZonBass, Feb 19, 2010.

1. WalZonBass

WalZonBass

Jan 24, 2010
    London
    Hi

I attended one of Michael's masterclasses last year in Sligo, Ireland. And I saw him perfom live that night in a really cool bar.

He was using a Boss GT3 multi effects unit, and the sounds that he got were amazing.
    I figure that he's spent ages tweeking the sounds to get them sounding like they do.

I'm about to buy one, they come up on ebay quite often and don't cost a lot of money.

Does anyone else use one of these, and have they any of the settings that they can share ?

Thanks !

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, WalZonBass. I use the GT3 because it has lots of good processing options and it fits in my suitcase. Boss has some great newer pedals but they're a bit bigger and I'm already pushing the limit of what the airlines will allow.

When it comes to effects (and perhaps in general, some folks will argue!), I'm a nerd. I completely wiped the memory of my GT3 when I got it so I could build all my own sounds from scratch. I don't think there are any secrets to it. Just tweak and have fun!

3. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Michael Manring a nerd??? Oh c'mon...no way....LMAO
    Nerd maybe, incredible musician definately, heck of a nice guy too. Little tidbits like this really lend insight to the person behind the musician. Thank you.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021