Boss GT3.

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by WalZonBass, Feb 19, 2010.

1. WalZonBass

WalZonBass

Jan 24, 2010
    London
    Hi

I attended one of Michael's masterclasses last year in Sligo, Ireland. And I saw him perfom live that night in a really cool bar.

He was using a Boss GT3 multi effects unit, and the sounds that he got were amazing.
    I figure that he's spent ages tweeking the sounds to get them sounding like they do.

I'm about to buy one, they come up on ebay quite often and don't cost a lot of money.

Does anyone else use one of these, and have they any of the settings that they can share ?

Thanks !

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Thanks, WalZonBass. I use the GT3 because it has lots of good processing options and it fits in my suitcase. Boss has some great newer pedals but they're a bit bigger and I'm already pushing the limit of what the airlines will allow.

When it comes to effects (and perhaps in general, some folks will argue!), I'm a nerd. I completely wiped the memory of my GT3 when I got it so I could build all my own sounds from scratch. I don't think there are any secrets to it. Just tweak and have fun!

3. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Michael Manring a nerd??? Oh c'mon...no way....LMAO
    Nerd maybe, incredible musician definately, heck of a nice guy too. Little tidbits like this really lend insight to the person behind the musician. Thank you.