1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss GT6B into mixing desk/PA question.

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by AndyTheDude, Nov 16, 2009.

1. AndyTheDude

AndyTheDude

Aug 12, 2007
    Ireland
    I've been having a problem with my gt6b in live situations. Every band I've played with complained about the signal coming out of the gt6b being too hot and I don't really know what to do.

I use the boss' XLR out (either MONO or DIRECT) for the PA and also TRS out that goes into Effect Return in my combo (yorkville 200xm). The problem is that when I lower the signal in the Boss as requested by the sound guys my combo becomes almost inaudible...

What would be the best way of connecting my gear to PA/mixing console?

2. Why not just get the level you need coming out of your GT for the recording and then plug the GT into the normal input of your cab and then use the cab's volume control to turn your cab up as loud as you need it.

3. Baker69

Baker69

Mar 24, 2008

I'm not that familiar with the GT6B, I assume when you're turning down the volume you're turning the small black knob on the back of the unit?

I think there's also an 'effects volume' dial on top of the board near the display panel, perhaps this needs reducing so you are not getting too 'hot' an output to the desk?

4. Nick Kay

Nick Kay

Jul 26, 2007
    Toronto, Ontario
    The outputs on the GT-6B all run at -10dBv. My bet is your sound guys see an XLR, so they assume that it's a microphone-level signal. Give them a 1/4" instead, they'll stick it in a line in and all will be well.