1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss LS-2 or Xotic x Blender for using two preamps at the same time??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Music_for_life, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    Only in case of using my Fender RBV passive bass, I love how the tone smooths and gets more clanky with my Sadowsky outboard preamp. It serves for getting the bass from passive to a sadowsky active tone. Moreover, I want to use for recording my sansamp vt bass dlx for ampeg svt emulation and getting a more overdriven tone with it.
    Do I need the boss ls2 or Xotic xblender for this???
    This thread advices to use ls2
    Outboard Sadowsky Pre + VT Pedal: pointless?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  2. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    Can anybody clarify this of the other thread??

3. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    The Xotic has a better overall sound and better bypass than the LS-2 and since it does have a preamp it will isolate a VT while you use the other preamp before it. or after it. It also a polarity switch so you can use old school fuzzes, who knows VT might be helped by it...also the Dwarfctaft paralooper has 2 isolated preamps so you could maybe run both, each in their own loop, but it doesn't adjust polarity. Best would be Wounded Paw that does it all.

4. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Smurf Village
    The ls-2 can switch between the 2 loops and it has parallel loop as well.

5. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    I have an LS-2 for sale in the classifieds and it works great.

6. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    So the xotic has a preamp built in??? The more preamps I use will result in phase cancelation and loss of low end. I want to solve this with the xotic and to blend the passive fender j bass to the sadowsky preamp to the vt bass dlx. Where in the chain the xotic should be placed?

7. Music_for_life

Music_for_life

Aug 6, 2010
    Can the xotic serve as a blender in a live situation??? I have a gallien krueger 1001rbll and a hartke xl4x10 and also want to leave the lows untreatened.

8. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    It can be turned off, I usually had it off, but if I were to use a preamp in a loop (don't think I would because of levels) I'd want it isolated. The xotix pre is very clean just 2 band, no mid, you could add low end, plus the phase switch. You can just try things I suppose, see what works.