1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss ODB-3 overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by brokensilence11, Oct 2, 2010.

1. brokensilence11

brokensilence11

Jul 17, 2010
    hey, im looking at gettin a Boss ODB-3 bass overdrive sometime soon. I havent tried one out(and my guitar center doesnt have a demo one, but i think the have it in stock), But have heard a good amount of good reviews, then a few bad ones, so it looks good. I am a fan of Boss, and they are one of my favorite effects brands. Does this pedal sound good for playing stuff such as Cliff Burton? Also,what are your opinions on it?

thanks

2. octaverazor

octaverazor

Jun 3, 2009
    Houma, LA
    It's a very high gain pedal more of an distortion than an overdrive.

3. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    probs better off getting a bass big muff for cliff tone, the ODB-3 was my first pedal and i didnt reckon much to it

4. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    The Boss ODB is only good if you use it as a brick to smash windows in.

Had one and I couldn't get a single decent tone out of it... +1 on the big muff, you're better off getting that one for cliff sounds.

5. brokensilence11

brokensilence11

Jul 17, 2010
    ok. the big muff is cheaper too. ill prolly go with that one then

6. Kuchar

Kuchar

May 31, 2006
    Michigan
    you should try them before you buy them

7. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    If GC has one in stock they will let you try it. As mentioned it's much more of a high gain distortion pedal than your classic over drive. It's a very one trick pony, but it does that trick well. I still use mine, usually at low gain after my fuzz to put some low end back in if I'm using a fuzz that sucks some out. Try before you buy. It is not versatile but I like it for what it is.

8. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    ODB-3 is a very underrated pedal IMHO

Great with the blend. The BBM Sucks big style

9. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    You know, I think the exact opposite! :)

10. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    and thats fine :)

Backs up the try before you buy mantra really

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021