1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss Repair Question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Viscera_Eyes, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Viscera_Eyes

Viscera_Eyes

Oct 27, 2008
    So after doing some searching, I've come to the conclusion that digital boss pedals are a pain to get repaired. It seems that it normally costs more than the actual pedal is worth. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a Boss PS-3. What I want to know is, has anyone had to get one repaired before? If so, how bad was the cost? These guys are digital, so I'm guess it would be a lot if it happened.

Any Boss PS-3 reliability feedback would be great. Also anything feedback on Boss Repair.

2. Footbutt

Footbutt

Aug 11, 2010
    Pickerington, OH
    i picked up a used PS-3 a few months back.
    with all of the scrapes and marks on it, it still sounds killer!

i unfortunately just don't use it that much now. given it's age, its been super reliable to have lasted this long without any flaws.

3. McSpunckle

McSpunckle

Feb 15, 2008
    It would depend on what broke. I'd think unless you plug in the wrong power supply or spill beer in it, the switch or jacks would basically be all that would go bad. Those are a pretty simple fix.

Otherwise, yeah, you'd probably just end up replacing it. That's kinda just how digital stuff is.

4. amroach

amroach

Feb 11, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    I've found with boss pedals, if you take them apart then put them back together again, always seems to do the trick and they work fine again no matter what the fault. but thats just my experience.

5. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    They break?!

6. Viscera_Eyes

Viscera_Eyes

Oct 27, 2008
    Yeah. It definitely seems that unless you do something drastic to the Boss pedals, they stick around for a while. A few months back I plugged my CE-5 in with the wrong adapter and it started smoking. Thought it was gone for sure, but it has been working fine ever since. It smelt like burnt food for like a week though.

Thanks for the feedback so far; anymore would be awesome.