1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Boss (TV series)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tituscrow, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Ok guys...here's another one. As someone who will argue to the death that Frasier is the best sitcom ever and therefore a massive Kelsey Grammer fan, I notice this new series about to air this week in the UK.

Worth a punt? Or will I be forever expecting him to turn into Frasier and start bickering with Niles?

I've only seen him do straight once before in that show about a TV guru. Don't recall giving it much of a chance because I couldn't get past him as Frasier.

2. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    You're dead to me now. ;)

Seriously though, that show was cancelled last year. It's not a comedy, rather a polito-drama...so no Miles-sparring hijinks...BUT, it did have two (short) seasons...and I hear they are looking to make a movie (according to the Wiki)

18 episodes total. From what I saw it was ok, worth watching if you get invested in the first 3 episodes I would imagine...

3. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
  4. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Funny how quickly you can go off people :)

I actually started a thread a few years ago titled 'Frasier - The Greatest Sitcom Ever'. Needless to say there was much ownage on my part.

I'll check it out. I think KG is a great actor.

5. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    hahaha, I like him just fine...jokin around bro. ;)

6. Ashlyn

Ashlyn

Dec 21, 2012
    US
    I've heard this series, but I havejn't seen it yet. Looks interesting.

7. BassMom88

BassMom88

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm sad to hear that Boss won't be back. I binge-watched both seasons this Fall while I was home sick and was looking forward to the next chapter. Oh well :(
    Kelsey Grammer makes an excellent bad-guy as does Kevin Spacey in House of Cards (up to Epi 8 on that one)
    Both 1st episodes were a little slow, but they both really pick up after that. Scandal on ABC is also a great political-drama type show.

I did hear that Magic City is coming back to Starz for it's second season (about a hotel owner and the Mob in Miami in the early 60s). Looking forward to that and also the return of Mad Men and The Borgias for Spring!!

I watch way too much TV...maybe I should take up an instrument or something productive ;)

8. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    See? , I'm not the only serial series binger. :)

9. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    It wasn't bad... I tell you what.. he was certainly no Frasier Crane.. halfway through the first season I think it was you realize that either way the show was going to have a limited lifespan just due to the way the plot was going but for what it was it wasn't bad. I stumbled onto it second season and then caught up..

10. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Banned

Aug 15, 2010
    Watched the first couple of episodes. Too slow for my liking but KG is predictably astonishingly good as the protagonist.

As far removed from Frasier as you could possibly imagine.

11. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    See, I'm such a Frasier fan - I think I must have seen every episode half a dozen times - that even in the trailers I've seen for Boss, I can't get past that magical performance as Dr Crane.

But I think I'll give it a go.

12. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Boss was an exceptional series - I was sorry to see it go.