1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Boss USA>Aus

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Joronamo, Nov 29, 2010.

  1. Joronamo


    Dec 12, 2009
    I just bought a boss pedal from the USA but I live in Australia. Does this mean I can just use my aussie power supply for it or do I need to buy a converter/adapator or some sort to convert the USA to Aus???
  2. crapusername


    Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    should just be a 9v ( I assume!) pedal regardless of where it was purchased.
    So your aussie psu should be fine.
  3. just make sure the tip is neg, shaft is positive. 9v or lower.
  4. Joronamo


    Dec 12, 2009
    What is the tip and the shaft and how do I make sure? I am not very good with electronic lingo.
  5. your psu should have this symbol (the neg one) on the tip that goes into the pedal

  6. No, you do not require any sort of transformer - I too live in Australia and own many boss pedals.

    Just make sure you buy a 9V adapter with a NEGATIVE TIP and enough mA to supply the pedal. I don't think any boss stompbox takes more than 100mA and I dont think many places sell adapters with less than that.
  7. Joronamo


    Dec 12, 2009
    Thanks for help. My power supply has positive polarity on it. But my boss pedals say negative polarity on them. Is this a problem?
  8. Yes. I've tried it before. DO NOT USE IT.

    I'm sure Dick Smith or Jay Car Audio would have some 9v adapters with negative tips.
  9. that-guy


    Aug 6, 2010
    Where in Aus are you?? your local music store should be able to assist.
    I am in melbourne and I myself use a Boss me20b (multi FX) which was sourced from USA.
    as others have said, make sure of the power supply tip being neg, which would be indicated on the power adapter.

    If you wanted to use the factory power supply, it should look something like this: http://bestmusicshop.com.au/boss_psa240__9_volt_power_supply-details-692.php?&manufacturers_id=21

    or this: http://www.dv247.com/studio-equipment/boss-psa-240-adaptor-9v-200ma-power-supply--11731

    but you could just as easily head to Dick Smith and get one similar to these: http://dicksmith.com.au/product/M9927/regulated-international-voltage-power-adaptor

    as long as the power rating and polarity are correct

    check the pedal itself, it will have an indication of mA requirements, mine needs 9v @ 500mA and the power supply I use looks like this one: http://www.proaudio.com.au/shoppingcart/products/Boss-PSA-240S-9V-regulated-power-supply-500ma.html

  10. that-guy


    Aug 6, 2010
    he he....if a goldsmith is good with gold, and a silversmith is an expert with silver....What does that say about Dick Smith??
    :eyebrow: That-Guy

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.