Bp200 or Behringer V-amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jonne25, Oct 25, 2005.

1. jonne25

Oct 25, 2005
    Hi, like so many other I am asking the question of what bass effekt. My price cap is 150 us dollars. I was thinking the Bp 80 but lets face it, it has gotten shot down and i think I need somthing to grow with. The bp 200 has gotten better critics but so has the behringer and that one is cheaper. But of course i want the one with better qualty and tone. And if im not mistaken a pedel is included with the v-amp. It needs a dist and I understand both have that. Which one is generelly better? Any other one you'd recomend?

2. jonne25

Oct 25, 2005
  3. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Are you going to be buying these blind, based on recommendations, or is there any chance you could actually try both units out?

Meanwhile, it would be worth filling out your profile a little more (you don't have to put your full postal address but country and nearest city would help, as would some background on your gear and experience). Don't get discouraged the lack of responses so far. However, you might get further by searching for existing threads on those units, reading what's been said already and then posting follow on questions.

4. Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    If you are mainly after the effects, go with the effects pedal (but try before you buy!)

The Bass Vamp is a good unit, but it's a preamp with built in effects and may be overkill for what you are looking for.