Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

BP50 as preamp?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pantsman, Sep 20, 2005.

1. I searched up and found a few tidbits of information, it seems this will really depend on my power amp but will a BP50 work as a pre-amp untill my Bmax arrives?

2. :(:(:( Not really...it's just an effects processor.

3. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    I bet it will. But as pointed out already, it may not. Probably the only issue that you will have is whether or not the BP50 can crank out enough voltage to give you a hot enough input signal to the amp (if not it will be noisy at high volumes) so you can be heard above the rest of the band. But I bet for home practice it would kick butt.

You may have to adjust the input gain, eq and output level to the max (but not clipping in the pedal). That means you will need to be able to know how to edit patches...unless there is a loud patch that you like that will work.

Try it out, that is the easiest way to test it out. It won't hurt anything. If your amp is stereo you can even run stereo for cool effects.

:D

Joe.

4. There are some freakin loud patches, this set-up would also have to do small gigs, I mean like 50 people in a small suburban bar. Currently I have a TE 1518T and I am looking at a cheap 2nd hand power amp, prolly around 200-300 @ 8Ohm. Just leaving now to go pick up my 1518 :D but i don't have the poweramp :( nor can i afford one :crying:

Cabs home :D there is some damage to it that wasn't there when i laybuyed it though :eyebrow: one of the corner protectors is really dinged and split down the bottom (these are steel not plastic) and around that area there are 3 little holes in the carpet. Where is the murderous rampage emoticon? :mad: that will have to do

5. Heckxx

Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    Many people will probably say..technically, no, the BP it just an effects processor, not a preamp. But you should just try it out and see if it works. Ive been able to get a descent sound outta my bass without using a preamp at all.