1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Brass saddle bridges

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by francotedescoga, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Hi!
    I'vebeen checking out the Matt Freeman Squier and the bridge comes with brass saddles. My question is: is there any tonal difference between this and other materials?

2. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    In my experience, brass seems to be a tad bit brighter and acoustically clearer if that makes any sense

3. It sure does, i think it might have the same characteristics of a brass nut, what I didn't know is if the bridge saddles make a perceptible change in the sound. :)

4. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Yea it's basically like having a brass nut. It will definitely enhance the sound I think. I've found that brass seems to keep the new tone of strings a little longer. Where as graphite seems to bring out less tone. I had a similar problem with my curbow (yes I got this account when I had it). As soon as the strings lost that brand new bright ring, they sounded dead, the curbow had a luthite body and ebanol fretboard. Composites. My Warwick on the other hand has a brass nut and frets and the strings just seem to last much longer. Then again, it's a Warwick ;)