Breaking News!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 5, 2005.

1. the kubickis goin...

being sold

ebay this week

goin fender or musicman...denpends on how much i get for it...

just thought you might wanna know :p :D :D
  2. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome back, heath.
  4. thanks...what a shocking way to return ey?

well..its an instrument i rather see a collector have, not someone like me thats using it in the 3 bands that im in being rather paranoid about destroying it..i know its not something thats highly collectable...but its something someone else would appreciate more than me..that and i lust for either a stingray or a jazz something hardcore
  5. The green, owned by Stu Hamm one?
  6. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Don't let it go :eek:

Try a different bass first, see if you still want to sell it.
  7. yup
    because i dont know of anywhere where i can try a lakaland and im not buying blind
    i have, Either a Stingray or an American Deluxe Jazz
  8. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    So you like those basses more than the Kubicki?

You buyin' new or used?
  9. well we'll see how much i get for the kubicki..if i get enough ill be spendin the day in sydney seein what i come across....

or ill be buying a new stingray from bass central in the us, i already got a quite for $1000us for a new one :D

this is what id looooooovvvveeeee..a lovely beat up '72 jazz
  10. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Get a Musicman :bassist:
  11. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Is that use or abuse? :hm:

Oh well, it's pretty mojolicious.

(bongobongobongo:bag: )
  12. Any pics of the Kubicki?

I don't quite remember exactly how it looks.
  13. go have a look in the gear reviews....pic of it in there...

umm...just on a side not allowed to post links to an ebay auction of mine in here am signature or in this post or anything?
  14. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    So long as you've thought this decision out thoroughly and ruminated it over and over again, put your Kubicki in a locked closet for a week or 2 and realized you didn't miss it, etc. it's all good.

Because once you sell it, you can't take it back. And we know how much that bass meant to you.

No regrets, man.

I'm sure others may say that you should keep the Kubicki and get a beater bass for your gigs, but if money's that tight by you (and knowing how expensive getting many basses is in Australia) and you have no recourse but to sell it to finance a more workingman's bass, then there's no stopping you.
  15. money is rather tight...i still love kubickis, but just this one i think desrves to go to someone who will use it less...ill be buying another kubicki in the years to come, just one that i dont have to be overly paranoid about this
  16. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
    Basses are meant to be played, man! Like that beat up Jazz.
  17. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    And how do you know your buyer will be/is a collector and will baby the instrument? How do you know the buyer isn't someone who will play the piss out of the instrument night after night at gigs?
  18. i dont
  19. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I'm so sad for you Heath! :eek: :bawl:

Couldn't imagine letting any of my Spectors go for the reasons you gave.... :confused: