Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Brice jazz size problem! Help me please!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by txmulletrocker, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Ok, so I bought a Brice Jazz 5 string. It is really an amazing bass for $200. The problem is that I can't find a case that will fit it. I went up to GC and tried the SKB Delux as well as the freedom cases. I tried the tolex Kaces cases. I tried their foam core cases, which are like the ones that Sadowsky uses. None of the would fit. The bass hung over the edge of all of these cases.

Does anyone have one of these basses? If so what kind of case will fit it? I need something sturdy. The SKB Freedom and the Kaces case weren't really even an option but I decided to try their fit just for the heck of it.

2. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    how about getting one from rondomusic.net. They should know which case is best for you.

3. I emailed them, and am waiting for a response.

My issue is that it is obviously not a standard size bass. I really need someone that has had to put one of these in a case themselves. They would know for sure what would fit it.

4. BassikLee

BassikLee Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    I just use a gigbag. That said, I have never been huge into cases anyway.

Lee

5. Yea, I considered just using a gig bag, but I travel a lot and my bass travels in our trailer with the rest of our gear which is all in hard cases. So I don't think that would be too smart for my situation.

6. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    If you're willing to deal with a case that doesn't form fit the bass, the TKL cases on musicyo.com should fit.

It has been able to fit some pretty wierd shaped basses, but it's not form fitting so it could shift in transit. I would add some foam pieces into it to make it more form fitting.

7. Actually, believe it or not, they don't! The TKLs are too small. The bass will fit right into the body compartment but the headstock hangs out of the end of the case and you can't close it!

8. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Dang! Goes to show you how much I know.

How about an plain old flight case. Throw some sheets of heavy foam in there, and cut them out to fit your bass?

I dunno :meh:

9. Yea, and I realized that it is only a 34" scale! This thing is getting weirder and weirder.

I considered a flight case. Problem with that is that I am poor! hahaha If anyone has one or has the means to make one, and wants to help out a musician that just got ALL of their gear stolen, then please PM me!!!! hahaha :hyper: :bag: :bassist: