1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bridge attaching help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by D.Don, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Got this one of the bay, and apparently those "heads" to the left and right of the saddles, are screws that goes into some kind of pretty big nuts (not any of them attached to the bridge though).

http://i6.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/0e/07/d916_1.JPG

Am I supposed to drill giant holes in the body for sinking down those nuts or what?

Really does feel like I ordered the wrong piece, though this bridge looks exactly the way I'd love a bridge to be on my project here ...

D.Don

2. This looks like a knockoff of a MusicMan bridge. The MM bridges have screw holes in the corners. Not sure how you are supposed to mount these, but I would probably figure out something other than recessing nuts into the body.

3. It pretty much is, and didn't know about those nuts, scary, so yeah, if I use this one, there's not gonna be huge nut holes drilled out for sure.

D.Don

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    What? Those "bumpers" to either side of the bridge saddles are to prevent lateral movement of the saddles. To the best of my knowledge, they play no part in the actual mounting of the bridge assembly. Yes, this is a MM knock-off.

Riis

5. hockey_head

hockey_head

Feb 25, 2008
    I think two oval head wood screws of the same size as the back three go in there and they will look "dressed up". The screws may need to be a little longer than the other three screws by about 1/4 or 3/8 inch.